Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Error Talend 5.4 Open Studio

Host system Windows 8.1 64bits
I instaled and configured JAVA_HOME and when i try to run the examples i got the following error:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2014-04-01 09:26:16.909
!MESSAGE 2014-04-01 09:26:16,909 ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter - ----------
1. ERROR en D:\Programas\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r111943-V5.4.1\workspace\.JETEmitters\src\org\talend\designer\codegen\translators\common\Subtree_beginJava.java (en la línea 21)
public final String NL = nl == null ? (System.getProperties().getProperty("line.separator")) : nl;
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
El tipo java.util.Map$Entry no se puede resolver. Se le hace referencia indirectamente desde los archivos .class necesarios
---------- 2. ERROR en D:\Programas\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r111943-V5.4.1\workspace\.JETEmitters\src\org\talend\designer\codegen\translators\common\Subtree_beginJava.java (en la línea 46) <

To see the whole post, download it here
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there Sabrina!
Thank you for everything ... the problem is solved. I'll tell you what was happening ... I instaled java jdk 1.8 at first time, and i downloaded java jdk 1.7 and installed it. I thought it would remove java virtual machine 1.8 but it didnt ... and i didnt check ...
i had to uninstall java virtual machine 1.8, and windows automactly uses java virtual machine 1.7.
i checked it with cmd "java -version" and im sure now is taking version 1.7.
I run talend projects and is working!
Thank you for the support Sabrina!
Best regards from Madrid 0683p000009MACJ.png

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
For your Windows 8.1 64bits, did you open TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe instead of TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe which is just for 32 bits OS.
What's your jdk build version? Have you already checked online document TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms?
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MDSC.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your quick replay!
I opened "TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe"
The JDK i configured is JDK 8, then i changed to JDK 7 but still not working.
Properly i configured system variables JAVA_HOME = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7".
hope you can help! any more information that could send to you?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Did you follow up document TalendHelpCenter:Installation requirements to set the JAVA_HOME Environment variable?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!
Yes i did, i set JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk7" ("Program Files" is where i have my java jdk installed) as the article said.
I guess the problem is about that talend doesnt find the classes it needs to generate the code right? But i tried to run "java --version" at windows cmd, and it works anywhere in the file directory, so i guess that JDK is correctly set.
Thank you again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Is this error showing "Could not find or load main class " when you open talend studio? Is there any extra space or illegal character in your Talend Studio Installation Path?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you try to have a JDK instead of a JRE? and give it a try again.
Cheers
Elisa
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey,
Well is not showing that error, talend open normally, the only problem appears when i run the examples. I cant run even a tmsgbox 0683p000009MAB6.png.
When i try to run, it log what i post ...,. Anyway im goint to install talend again, but this time into c:\ instead other partition.
My computer have an SSD as primary disk and as slave a harddrive where i have installed talend. Maybe the problem is there, but i dubt it coz thats the point of configure "JAVA_HOME", to make able talend to find java whereever it is installed. But ill try!
I'll make you know if the problem is solved or if still the problem persist ... i'm java programmer and talend have saved me so much time when i have to migrate or transform data ... hope it works again soon!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Feel free post your issue on forum. In addition, you have to use administrator role if you want to install Talend Studio in C:\ to avoid permission problem.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there again!
I installed talend again, from the very begining and i still have the same error. I executed as administrator the installer and when i try to run anything i have this error on console:
Execution failed : Failed to generate code.

and in the log i have this:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2014-04-03 09:27:28.357
!MESSAGE 2014-04-03 09:27:28,357 ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter - ----------
1. ERROR en C:\workspaces_talend\pruebas\.JETEmitters\src\org\talend\designer\codegen\translators\business_intelligence\charts\TLineChartBeginJava.java (en la línea 17)
public final String NL = nl == null ? (System.getProperties().getProperty("line.separator")) : nl;
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
El tipo java.util.Map$Entry no se puede resolver. Se le hace referencia indirectamente desde los archivos .class necesarios
---------- 2. ERROR en C:\

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf