Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronrums
Contributor
Contributor

using another git client instead of built Talend Studio built-in git functionality

Is it possible to use another git technology, like github desktop, in order to commit changes and perform other git actions within a talend git repository?

The reason I'm asking is that I need to make a squash commit, so squash a bunch of older commits that have hardcoded secrets into a single commit.

I hooked up github desktop to my talend git repo, which was located in C:\Users\my_username\workspace\.repositories. It generated a bunch of weird commits immediately, and then all the jobs disappeared from my studio. I had to remove all the local copies of my branches and re-take them from origin.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

There are two git local storage mode supported in studio(since R2022-12) so far, old storage mode is customized multiple work tree mode which is not compatible with git commandline or any third party git tools. If you installed R2022-12 or later, then you can switch to standard git storage mode, then you should be able to use any third party git tools on the new local git repos.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have directed your question to our R&D team, I will update to you once I have any answers.

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

There are two git local storage mode supported in studio(since R2022-12) so far, old storage mode is customized multiple work tree mode which is not compatible with git commandline or any third party git tools. If you installed R2022-12 or later, then you can switch to standard git storage mode, then you should be able to use any third party git tools on the new local git repos.

Regards

Shong

aaronrums
Contributor
Contributor
Author

great, good to know. You mentioned that I "can switch to standard git storage mode...", can you provide the steps to be able to do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

we provide a new Enable the standard Git storage mode option in Talend Studio Preferences dialog box and a new  -Dgit.mode.standard parameter to enable the standard Git storage mode. For more details, please refer to this documentation page.

Regards

Shong

aaronrums
Contributor
Contributor
Author

got it, thank you for the help!