Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvalarcon
Contributor III
Contributor III

400 bad request when using endpoint Get-QlikTask with Qlik-CLI

Hello all,

I am trying to query for all tasks with this command using Qlik-CLI,

I am able to connect successfully,

The command is as follows:

Get-QlikTask -filter TASK_11

This produces the following error message:

Invoke-RestMethod : The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Qlik-Cli\functions\core.ps1:66 char:23
+ $result = Invoke-RestMethod @paramInvokeRestMethod @params
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebE
xception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The Repository Service syntax (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/Subsystems/RepositoryServiceAPI/Content/Sense_Repository...) which Qlik-Cli-Windows leverages would be something like this:

Get-QlikTask -Filter "name eq 'Reload Operations Monitor'"

View solution in original post

cvalarcon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Levi now is ok . thank you  !!!

Now I have another challenge for you 😉

with this result (with -full parameter and the task name) I need to save this task id in a variable to be able to automate this task or several tasks . So the question is 

How can I get the task id in powershell ? because when you create a new task you don´t know the task ID at the beginning . In order to start the task you need  this as a parameter.    Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

You're not using a proper filter syntax. What is "TASK_11"? A task name?

cvalarcon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Levi , "TASK_11"  is the task name , should be another parameter ? 

Thansk

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The Repository Service syntax (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/Subsystems/RepositoryServiceAPI/Content/Sense_Repository...) which Qlik-Cli-Windows leverages would be something like this:

Get-QlikTask -Filter "name eq 'Reload Operations Monitor'"

cvalarcon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Levi now is ok . thank you  !!!

Now I have another challenge for you 😉

with this result (with -full parameter and the task name) I need to save this task id in a variable to be able to automate this task or several tasks . So the question is 

How can I get the task id in powershell ? because when you create a new task you don´t know the task ID at the beginning . In order to start the task you need  this as a parameter.    Thanks

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Well, what information do you have?

In the QMC, you can expose the ID value for the task:

Levi_Turner_0-1647455910967.png

When using Qlik-Cli-Windows, you can use the Get-QlikTask function like above with an adjusted filter.

cvalarcon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi  Levi, I konw this .

The idea is to automate a reload task from the scratch using QLIK-CLI (not QMC), so I need create a script to do this :

1. First create an app 
  2. Create a task with this app 
  3. Start the task in order to reload the app 
  4. Copy this APP in folder for backup

I did all step except the (3) because when you create a task (allway using QLIK-CLI) you don´t know the new ID task (all in Powershell, the idea is not use the QMC)  so I created a script in order to do this steps 

cvalarcon_0-1647460419842.png

as you can see in the attach I create a .txt file to get the id task number .
But I don´k now how can I get this id task in a variable in order to add in the script to reload the task (3 step)

Thanks

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

You didn't display where that JSON blob came from, but I'm guessing it's from the cat command on line 19. Something like this should work:

$myTask = (Get-Content /my/file.txt | ConvertFrom-Json).id

(cat is just an alias for Get-Content)

cvalarcon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi I like to import an qvf app in Powershell using  qlik-cli  : 

Import-QlikApp -file C:\Users\calarcon\Documents\PASAJES\FETR0013855\STG_TRANSACCIONES_N30_COMPLIANCE.qvf  

the result is :

Invoke-RestMethod : The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Qlik-Cli\functions\core.ps1:66 char:23
+ $result = Invoke-RestMethod @paramInvokeRestMethod @params
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Can you help me about this , how can I do this ? 

Thanks