Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umbi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Authentication from a Mashup page against a SaaS Qlik Sense account

Hello there, 

I am trying to resolve an authentication issue in a Mashup SaaS environment.

The idea is that the WEB Page which includes some objects from a app located in a SaaS Qlik Sense account, should authenticate automatically against Qlik Sense. This should be possible as per following link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2020/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Sense_Mashups/mashup...

The Mashup page works fine if I am logged into SaaS Qlik Sense, but as soon as I log out the mash up page returns the following:

{"errors":[{"title":"Illegal returnto value","code":"LOGIN-8","status":"401"}],"traceId":"00000000000000007fd44c6992f8d054"}

Not sure if anybody has tried that already?

I suspect the problem is in Qlik Sense help code provided is where to pass the credentials.

I think that is a very tricky bit which could create security issues.

IAccording to the code in the help:

//Check to see if logged in
return await fetch(`${urlQlikServer}${urlLoggedIn}`, {
credentials: 'include',
headers: {
'Qlik-Web-Integration-ID':webIntegrationId
}
})

what is 'include' exactly?!

Please help if you have any clue!

Thanks, 

Umberto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
linnakry
Partner - Contributor III

The problem was that there was another code requesting require.js just after the user authentication. The user authentication hasn't been finished yet and then require.js runs which causes the error. 

The solution is to wait until the user authentication is completed before requesting require.js from Qlik. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
linnakry

@Umbi Did you manage to solve this? I am having the same problem with /login/jwt-session. 

stefanstoichev123

credentials: 'include'

Instructs fetch to send the stored cookies for the request site. More on include option

Regarding the issue. Any chance your browser is set to not send third-party cookies?

Stefan

linnakry

@stefanstoichev123 : my fetch requests include credentials: 'include' & the browser is set to allow third party cookies too. It seem that require.js was redirecting to window.location but maybe it is missing qlik-web-integration-id? I am not so sure. Below is from require.js.

try {
const [e,t] = await Promise.all([i().get(`${o.Z.rootPath}api/v1/users/me`), i().get(`${o.Z.rootPath}api/v1/claims/me`)]);
a = e.data,
a.roles = [...t.data.roles]
} catch (t) {
var e;
i().isAxiosError(t) && 401 === (null === (e = t.response) || void 0 === e ? void 0 : e.status) && window.location.replace(`${o.Z.rootPath}login?returnto=${window.location}`)
}

linnakry

The problem was that there was another code requesting require.js just after the user authentication. The user authentication hasn't been finished yet and then require.js runs which causes the error. 

The solution is to wait until the user authentication is completed before requesting require.js from Qlik.