Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devan9876
Creator
Creator

Bind qListObjectDef to a user selected dimension

I want the user to be able to select a field or a master dimension and bind it to he qListObjectDef object. The  panel correctly displays an input expression for allowing a field to be selected but I don't see a dimension picker if the user wants to select a master dimension. I thought the "library-item" component would allow a master dimension to be selected.  For reference I am using the following tutorial as a guide.

label: {
	type: "string",
	ref: "qListObjectDef.qDef.qFieldLabels.0",
	label: "Label",
	show: true
},
libraryId: {
	component: "library-item",
	libraryItemType: "dimension",
	ref: "qListObjectDef.qLibraryId",
	label: "Dimension",
	show: function(data) {
		return data.qListObjectDef && data.qListObjectDef.qLibraryId;
	}
},
field: {
	expression: "always",
	expressionType: "dimension",
	ref: "qListObjectDef.qDef.qFieldDefs.0",
	label: "Field",
	show: function(data) {
		return data.qListObjectDef && !data.qListObjectDef.qLibraryId;
	}
}

PropertyPanelCapture.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Reply
datawizards1234
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello

I have the same problem, I thought that 

expressionType: "dimension",

will allow to select dimension either from master dimension list or from field list or expression just as for ex. when setting colors:

datawizards1234_0-1622853885643.png

but it doesn't work like that. That is undocumented and this sample code that comes with qlik sense installation is wrong, because it doesn't work in a way it was intended.

Does anyone know how to select dimensions from some kind of list so that I can update qListObjectDef?

With standard component for dimensions:

dimensions: {uses: "dimensions"}

there is a different problem that from my understanding hypercube needs to be defined, and I don't want to do that, because I only want listobject, any ideas?

Error on selecting dimension with above component and listobject defined in initial properties:

datawizards1234_2-1622855068130.png

From what I observed is that above dimension component automatically creates hypercube even when it's not in initial properties.