Qlik Community

Integration, Extension & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
QLIKWORLD LIVE! MAY 16 - 19TH, EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julianschmuckli
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot add items with custom array property

Hi,

I know that the array feature in the properties panel is still experimental, but it was introduced almost 2 years ago.

When I try to use the example from here, it will show up the button for adding new content as expected. Now when I try to add new content by hitting the button, it does absolutely nothing (except the click animation). When I also take a look in the logs, I get nothing about it.

Did someone had the same experience or is this feature out of date?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
julianschmuckli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Okay, I found the problem now. I had to remove the current widget and replaced it with a new one. It looks like that it has cached my previous code in some ways in the QlikSense environment. Now it works completely fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Julian,

I have used arrays a lot, and they work well. Don’t really know why they are flagged experimental. But there is a problem: you need to create the array (empty) yourself. Make sure you do that in initialProperties, because the property panel won’t do that for you.

Erik Wetterberg

http://extendingqlik.upper88.com/

julianschmuckli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Erik,

thank you for your answer. I already did create the array in the initalProperties, but it still does not work. I've even tried it now on Chrome and Internet Explorer, both are not working. I've pasted my code here. I don't see any differences between my version and the version documented.

Thank you for your help.

julianschmuckli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Okay, I found the problem now. I had to remove the current widget and replaced it with a new one. It looks like that it has cached my previous code in some ways in the QlikSense environment. Now it works completely fine.