Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teabiona
Contributor
Contributor

Changing Data connection and App Ownership via Qlik CLI

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this but I was hoping for a bit of help, I'm trying to perform a mass change of data connection and app ownership in Qlik Sense enterprise via Qlik Cli. But I have never used it before and kind of struggling with it.The task is two fold:

1. Users are currently being migrated to a new email address but I still want them to have visibility of the applications they've created on their old email address, as well as
  2. mass change all data connection from user ownership to service account ownership as well as remove the user's username from the data connection name when they create a connection.
And because there about 200+ data connections using Qlik Cli is the preferred method, but I don't know how to use it haha. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Regards

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PythonMCSJ
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Teabiona,

I am surprised this has not yet been answered. I assume you have figured out a solution in the last six months, but for other people with the same use case, this might still be relevant:

1: Updating owners of apps (On-Premise)
Using the command

qlik qrs app update <appId> --owner-id <ownerId>   --owner-name <ownerName>   --owner-privileges <ownerPrivileges>   --owner-userDirectory <userDirectory>

should allow you to update the owner of the app with id <appId> in the On-Premise tenant, to the user with id <userId>, name <ownerName>, privileges <ownerPrivileges> and user directory <userDirectory> in the On-Premise tenant.

2: Updating data connections (On-Premise)
Using the command

qlik qrs dataconnection update <dataconnectionId> --owner-id <ownerId>   --owner-name <ownerName>   --owner-privileges <ownerPrivileges>   --owner-userDirectory <userDirectory>

should allow you to update the owner of data connection with id <dataconnectionId> in the On-Premise tenant, to the user with id <userId>, name <ownerName>, privileges <ownerPrivileges> and user directory <userDirectory> in the On-Premise tenant.

View solution in original post

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

And if you're using Qlik Cloud, there are some examples here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PythonMCSJ

Hi Teabiona,

I am surprised this has not yet been answered. I assume you have figured out a solution in the last six months, but for other people with the same use case, this might still be relevant:

1: Updating owners of apps (On-Premise)
Using the command

qlik qrs app update <appId> --owner-id <ownerId>   --owner-name <ownerName>   --owner-privileges <ownerPrivileges>   --owner-userDirectory <userDirectory>

should allow you to update the owner of the app with id <appId> in the On-Premise tenant, to the user with id <userId>, name <ownerName>, privileges <ownerPrivileges> and user directory <userDirectory> in the On-Premise tenant.

2: Updating data connections (On-Premise)
Using the command

qlik qrs dataconnection update <dataconnectionId> --owner-id <ownerId>   --owner-name <ownerName>   --owner-privileges <ownerPrivileges>   --owner-userDirectory <userDirectory>

should allow you to update the owner of data connection with id <dataconnectionId> in the On-Premise tenant, to the user with id <userId>, name <ownerName>, privileges <ownerPrivileges> and user directory <userDirectory> in the On-Premise tenant.

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

And if you're using Qlik Cloud, there are some examples here.