Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denisb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create Extension Bundle

Hello, 

I have several extensions and want to build a bundle for better overview. For example a bundle with KPI Objects, a bundle with other chart objects, and so on. Is this possible? 

When I create simple Widgets in the Dev Hub, I can organize them in libraries. So, I can see this libraries in Qlik Sense when I create a new App. I want the same with extensions. 

denisb_0-1601295937603.png

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

The extension bundle is created in the qext file. Add a bundle property, with an id, a name and a description to the extensions you want to include in the bundle. Make sure to use the same id (probably the name and description should also match). An example from Qlik's dashboard bundle:

"bundle": {
        "id""qlik-dashboard-bundle",
        "name""Qlik Dashboard bundle",
        "description""This is a set of supported objects that will facilitate dashboard creation in Qlik Sense: A date picker, a variable input, a demand-reporting button and a share button. These can be used in addition to the objects found under \"Charts\".\n\nFor limitations and support conditions, see the documentation."
    }

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

The extension bundle is created in the qext file. Add a bundle property, with an id, a name and a description to the extensions you want to include in the bundle. Make sure to use the same id (probably the name and description should also match). An example from Qlik's dashboard bundle:

"bundle": {
        "id""qlik-dashboard-bundle",
        "name""Qlik Dashboard bundle",
        "description""This is a set of supported objects that will facilitate dashboard creation in Qlik Sense: A date picker, a variable input, a demand-reporting button and a share button. These can be used in addition to the objects found under \"Charts\".\n\nFor limitations and support conditions, see the documentation."
    }

denisb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Great, this works. 

Thanks

ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III

Apologies for dredging up an older thread, but I can find scant info online aside from this thread  -

I tried the instructions above ( and looked at an another extension that appeared to do it ) , yet it fails with 'Invalid Visualisation'    -  do they need a package/manifest json or  bundle  folder? 

ForgotMyOldUsername_0-1642635689936.png

If I remove it, the extension works again.  Are there any additional steps, outside of sticking the element into the qext ( like a reference in the properties or something? ) 

sthomason
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello Erik,

when I manually add this after I build my nebula extension it works perfectly. However when I attempt to update the meta.json file so that nebula can create this  automatically it strips it.  I even tried manually adding the bundle in manually but when I run the commands to build the extension it strips it out. I will keep looking for a solution but I do not see a reference to this property in the documentation.

sthomason
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Solved!  In a nebula extension there is a build file located at node_modules/@nebula.js/cli-sense/lib/build.js
You can manually add the bundle to the meta here like so:

sthomason_0-1695218056049.png

Doing this you can now run nebula sense and get the bundle added to the .qext file.