Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rontillis
Contributor
Contributor

Current Selections in a Widget

I'm looking to list the current selections in a widget the same as can be done for listing dimensions, measures and variables in an app.

Dimension Example:

<li ng-repeat="dimension in dimensions" ng-bind="dimension.qMeta.title">

According to the documentation https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/September2018/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Sense_Extens...

this should be possible.

I have navigated through the Engine API Explorer, but I cannot find the correct way to access "currentselections".

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

the page you are referring to describes stuff that is specific for widgets. You won’t find that in Engine API explorer.

Erik Wetterberg

Extending Qlik – Use Qlik in your own apps and sites

rontillis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Erik,

I understand what you mean by the specific widget information not being in the engine explorer, however, I was able to see properties of dimensions, measures, sheets, and current slections in the Engine API Explorer that are not easily found in the Qlik documentation.  With this, I was able to pull that detail into a table Widget.  Unfortunately, I have not been successful with "CurrentSelection".

By comparison (<li ng-repeat="dimension in dimensions" ng-bind="dimension.qMeta.title">), this or a variation of it should work...

<li ng-repeat="CurrentSelection in CurrentSelections" ng-bind="CurrentSelection.qSelectionObject.qSelections.qSelected">