Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berkant
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Main Script

Hello community,

I need a custom script (for must_includes etc.) in every new created app. Is there a way to do this? 

We are running QS Enterprise on Windows.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Berkant

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's no way that I know of that allows any user to press the Create New App button to create an app that already contains a custom script before the user modifies it itself first.

What you can do is create one app that contains the script you need and then everytime you need a new app you duplicate the app that contains your custom main script.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's no way that I know of that allows any user to press the Create New App button to create an app that already contains a custom script before the user modifies it itself first.

What you can do is create one app that contains the script you need and then everytime you need a new app you duplicate the app that contains your custom main script.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Berkant
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Gysbert, 

I think usage of a "template" app will be hard to enforce due to a high count of developers in different business units, but of course we can try. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

Best
Berkant