Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danelooman
Creator
Creator

Custom extensions causing Invalid Viz error on tabbed container objects?

I have made a handful of extensions for my company and recently we have noticed a pattern that custom extensions cause the tabbed container to break. Has anyone experienced this before? Attached is a screenshot of the error and a copy of one of my extensions that can cause the error. 

3 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Try changing the first line of your paint method to:

var app = qlik.currApp(this);

Also instead of calling app.getList('Field') it's better to add a qFieldList to your initialProperties. I have written about this here:

https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/accessing-system-data-and-variables-in-a-qlik-sense-extension/

Hope this helps!

danelooman
Creator
Creator
Author

@ErikWetterberg  thank you so much for your time  and suggestions. I am working on implementing qFieldList and have added it to my initial properties. Would you have a moment to show me how to access those in a drop down in the definition? I am only concerned with the qName as both a value and a label but I can't quite get it to work. 

danelooman
Creator
Creator
Author

Implemented the changes to the best of my ability and am still getting random invalid viz errors with no console error. Attached is a different extension that may also be related.