Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II

Data Leakage Protection in Qlik Sense: Export as Excel, GDPR PII Protection non-compliance

Dear Gurus, 

I have to implement DLP (data leakage protection) with Qlik Sense within the framework of Azure Information Protection (AIP). Practically when user exported Excel out of Qlik Sense application, it must label the sensitivity label into its Excel property automatically. 

So how could we implement this requirement in Qlik Sense? I think it is quite broad, because Excel export is everywhere, and that is the foundation of BI apps. 

Now, Power BI has implemented this in February 2020 (but still Preview status in Dec-2020. I would assume it is challenging). Could Qlik Sense do basic functionalities using Microsoft Information Protection SDK, such as selecting data classification "confidential", "general" etc when data export takes place?

Is Unified DLP from Microsoft (for Office365 subscribers) sufficient? (I think there are wide range of opinions on security architects. Is BI applications liable for DLP?)

I am grateful for further advices if you have encountered similar requirement.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
DavidFosterVF
Creator
Creator

@atsushi_saijo  did you find a solution to your question?

atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

In most of the implementations I have seen, the data leakage prevention is now via Microsoft DLP framework. I have seen no Qlik-specific solution since last post. The reason seems that it is never-ending story about how it is leaked/how to prevent it. So most enterprises implemented standard file classification, logging, and monitoring of in/out of files in the corporate network. 

DavidFosterVF
Creator
Creator

I got an response from Qlik Support on Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP). files with AIP labels that apply encryption to the files are not supported.