Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_rajvir
Creator
Creator

DoReload Method

Dear Expert,

I need your help in the code:

i want to create qlik mashup with the startdate and end date fields and a reload button to reload the qlik sense app between the dates entered by the user. i have little idea only as i am new with this can anyone please help me.

Pleaseee!

Labels (5)
3 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @its_rajvir , I think you have to store somewhere the user reload request with an id and start and end date (e.g. a Database). Then you have to create a kind of backend service which interacts with Qlik using Egine APIs. The backend service will loop over user requests and execute the app reload accordignly based on requested time frame. The Engine API method for reload an app is this.

its_rajvir
Creator
Creator
Author

hi @alex_colombo Thankyou so much for your Reply. I am able to Reload the app from the mashup but i am confused with the user input.  I am having two variables in the qlik app which i am changing from the load editor to load the data between the desired dates. Now there is requirement to change those variables from the mashup by user input . i tried the variable API to change the variables in the app. It is changing when i am giving command from the mashup but when i am reloading the app from the mashup it change back to the old variable values. kindly advise. 

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

@its_rajvir when you change variables from a mashup using Variable APIs, you are changing only the variable value for the specific user session, you are not changing the variable value for all the users. When you set a variable in a Qlik app this variable will have the same value for all the users. If you give the possibility to a user to change a variable value (for instance using Variable Input visualization), then the variable will have different values for different users, based on session user. E.g your variable A has a initial value of 0. Then variable can assume value 1 for user Test1, and value 2 for user Test2. These values (1 and 2) are the variable session value, instead value 0 is the initial value.

That's why I suggest to store the user input dates somewhere and then use a backend service for read these info.