Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam_coupa
Contributor
Contributor

Embed a sheet in editable mode

Hi, 

I have a few use cases in which I need to embed a sheet and allow my end user to edit that sheet as well. Editing includes:

• Adding/Removing a chart by drag and dropping them
  • Resizing and change the placement of existing charts on the sheet
  • Adding a custom object
  • and so on

I also need to let the end users add new data sources in the "Data Manager". So embedding the Data Manager would be necessary as well. Basically I want to embed the green areas and not the red areas into my own web app. See the screenshots attached. 

Now, I have searched the documentation and I was able to embed a sheet and a chart either via an iframe or using nebulajs and engimajs. But the docs focus more on "viewing" things and not editing them. 

My question is, is there an easy way of embedding these two editors or do I have to re-implement most of the Qliks UI using nebulajs provided components? Do you have an example I can take a look?

Sheet EditorSheet EditorData ManagerData Manager

Labels (1)
4 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @sam_coupa 

For a really simple embed, you'd be using the app integration API, which allows you to embed the whole client.

If you're using nebula then you'll need to create the UIs for self service and chart movements yourself, leveraging our standard nebula assets; and we don't provide components for recreating the data manager out of the box. We are looking at adding more examples to the ones already on qlik.dev, but don't have a timeline for this yet. 

There are other ways of supporting embedded users adding their own data, the most simplest of which is leaving key fields in your data model and providing an S3 bucket into which the user can drop a data file which can connect to those keys. The data model then contains static logic to add that data if it's present, and skip it if not. What sort of data are you hoping that the users will be loading, and what sort of modelling skill will they have?

sam_coupa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the response. It was pretty easy to embed the entire app via an iframe.

• Is there any way I can remove the top navbar that has the Qlik logo?
  • Can I change the logo?
  • Can I disable some of the nav items like the "Narrating" button?
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Sure, to your questions:

• Is there any way I can remove the top navbar that has the Qlik logo? Yes - you can do this using themes today, and we have roadmap around in-product customization for this
  • Can I change the logo? Not yet - but we are planning to release a feature to allow this in a few weeks so that if you have an OEM use case (which I believe you do), then you can set this in a standard way across the whole tenant
  • Can I disable some of the nav items like the "Narrating" button? Some of this you can do through css in your theme, we'd need to look at the specific items
sam_coupa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes - you can do this using themes today

Any example or link you can point me to?