Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwokwha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Export an app from Qlik Sense SaaS using Rest API

Hi all,

I'm trying to export an app from our Qlik Sense SaaS tenant using the Rest API as described here: apps | Qlik Developer Portal

How ever, I receive an 403 Forbidden response. I'm curious why it is forbidden. My user is tenant admin and the created API key should have enough permissions to do this. Or am I missing something here?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kwokwha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @NadiaB,

it turns out the app was not in a space (personal space) from which you can download the app. Moving the app to the personal space, solved the problem.

Kind regards,

Kwok Wha

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Kwokwha

Did you check that the Key is not expired?

Can you create a basic app and verify if you can export that one?

I just did a quick text with curl and qlik-cli and I was able to download the app without problems, I was wondering if the app has Section Access or something else causing the issue when you try to download the app.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Kwokwha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi NadiaB,

Thanx for your reply. I've checked the API key. It has not expired and using this key I can send request to other endpoints and received expected responses. I also created several basic apps, but I'm not able to export those apps as well.

Kind regards,

Kwok Wha

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Kwokwha

Could you provide a sample of the script that you are using (without the API KEY)?

Thank you!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Kwokwha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @NadiaB,

it turns out the app was not in a space (personal space) from which you can download the app. Moving the app to the personal space, solved the problem.

Kind regards,

Kwok Wha

NadiaB
Support
Support

Thanks @Kwokwha

I'm glad you were able to find the solution.