Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Extension debugging in Qlik Sense Mobile

Hello fellow Qlikers

I have developed a Qlik Sense extension that works without issues in QS SaaS / QS Mobile / QS Enterprise on Windows.

However, I have a problem specific to the Qlik Sense Mobile app (SaaS version in this case) that occurs when accessing a Qlik App in offline mode.

In particular, when using the app in offline mode, my extension simply doesn't load: I get the classic "this extension is not available in the cloud: <extension name>" message on a red background.

So my question is, how can I possibly debug this? There are no dev tools in the mobile app from where I can see the javascript console to check for errors, or any other useful diagnostic tool. I tried enabling the "detailed diagnostics" switch in the app and exporting the logs, but those are just qlik engine logs, they don't seem to contain anything related to the frontend side of things, which is what I would need to check.

Any ideas on how to approach this?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
jprdonnelly
Employee
Employee

@master_t - does your extension reach out to any other services?

- @jprdonnelly
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello @jprdonnelly , I'm very sorry for the late reply, I had forgotten about this issue (which I'm still having).

To answer your question: the extension does not access any other external services, although it does call the Qlik Sense backend API (for example to evaluate expressions using a call like: backendApi.model.app.evaluate(...) )