Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you call custom R-scripts using R-integration?

Hello,

I've got a question about the new R.ScriptEval, how does one call custom R-scripts using this new syntax?

Let's say that I have a neuralnetworkmodel trained for timeseries prediction called NN.r and I want to call it from Sense as a measure column or a graph etc.

Do I need to use include in laod to bring r-script to sense or do I need to make it into a package and add it to my current R-library and call it with lib.

How does this work? I'm a bit lost with no documentation on these new R-functions.

thx

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jokke,

Each call from Qlik Sense to R is a separate session, so in the script that you pass on as an argument to R, you will need to load the library and all other relevant items needed for your calculation. All processing is done in R. You specify the R script to run and the one or more vectors this script needs as source data to do the processing. Qlik Sense then expects a vector of data points as a result of this evaluation with the same number of rows and in the same order.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am new to Qlik, exploring options to integrate Qlik with R.

I would like to leverage power of Qlik for ETL and self serving/visualization and R to handle predictive modeling.

So, My quesitons: is it possible call/execute an R script from dataload editor with input as of the table that is loaded in data and read out output data frame in to datload editor and use it for visualization.