Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to bypass user authentication by QlikSense without allowing anonymous user access option

Hi,

I am trying to embed a report created in QlikSense into my Java based web application. I am embedding this into a HTML page using iFrame. But after embedding the same, QlikSense asks for user credentials to check if the given user is authorised to view the sheet/report or not. But since users have to login at the Homepage of the application only, I want to skip second login.

To skip second login (i.e. page where QlikSense report is embedded), as per my understanding the same can be done using any of the three options available with QlikSense. (Ref: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/September2018/Subsystems/Platform/Content/Sense_Platform... )

I am afraid not to use anonymous login option as that would let anyone having URL of the report access the same from if I have access tokens available. URL of the embedded QlikSense generated sheet can be fetched by inspecting the HTML file in which the same is embedded. Please correct/guide me if I am wrong here.

Hence, I am trying to use header authentication using virtual proxy. But i am getting below error message:

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.32.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.07.11 PM.png

I have tried the same with multiple browsers and every time a new error message of similar nature comes up.

Third and last option probably is to use Ticket API. I am trying to get Ticket by firing

http://<domain>/qps/hdr/ticket?Xrfkey=0123456789abcdef

in Postman but getting 404 in response.

Body:

{

"UserDirectory":"dir",

"UserId":"uday.chandra.kumar"

}

Response:

<body>

<h1>The page you were looking for could not be found.</h1>

<h3>Check the URL for errors.</h3>

</body>

Appreciate if you can help me get over these issues or suggest me any other way to directly access report made in QlikSense in a webpage without need to enter user credentials on the loaded page and without using Anonymous login feature.

2 Replies
MARTIN3535
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Uday,

Did you find any solution/workaround for your problem, We also have the similar situation, If you can help us with some content, It will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

JordanGaw24
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi MARTIN3535,

Did you get a solution for this issue? Again we are struggling with something similar and any help would be greatly appreciated.

We currently have a JS file with the authentication stored there and just call it on the pages we need. This works fine but the user seems to get logged out after maybe 10 hours.

Jordan