Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to escape comma in Single API?

Hi!

I'm using Single API and wanna make some selections.

Unfortunately, when value contains comma, QS recognizes it as two separated values. As result, I'm getting object without any selections.

Here are URL and WebSocket frame:

...&select=Game,Invisible, Inc.

{"method":"SelectValues","handle":2,"params":[[{"qText":"Invisible"},{"qText":" Inc."}],false,true],"id":4,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Are there any ways to escape comma?

I've already tried backslash, quotes, URL-encoding (as %2C).

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi tesluk1809‌,

unfortunately there is currently no way to escape the comma in Qlik Sense 1.0 - 2.1. We are aware of this and currently working on a solution which we will hopefully be able to deliver in the next version.

As a temporary workaround I suggest to do the following:

- Create an additional field based on Game where you remove all commas and then use this field to select the values. In the UI still just show "Game" ... not ideal, but at least some workaround to get the desired selections.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Stefan

--

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi tesluk1809‌,

unfortunately there is currently no way to escape the comma in Qlik Sense 1.0 - 2.1. We are aware of this and currently working on a solution which we will hopefully be able to deliver in the next version.

As a temporary workaround I suggest to do the following:

- Create an additional field based on Game where you remove all commas and then use this field to select the values. In the UI still just show "Game" ... not ideal, but at least some workaround to get the desired selections.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Stefan

--

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.