Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prins
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to get Qlikview extensions working on a Qlik Sense environment?

A client of us is migrating from a Qlikview to a Qlik Sense environment. All of their apps are built with Qlikview , including a couple of custom visual extensions. (in this case a custom toolbar)

Using the management console from the Qlikview server we distributed a Qlikview document to a shared Qlik Sense environment. 

However, extensions are not included in this distribution. Re-building this extension in Qlik Sense is (as far as I know) not a possibility because the Qlik Sense extension doesn't interact with the app built in Qlikview. 

My question in summary is this: Is it possible somehow to have an extension built for a Qlikview app working when said app is hosted on the Qlik Sense environment? 

(fyi i'm relatively new to Qlik, hope you all understand what I mean and this question is asked in the correct place)

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
6 Replies
stefanstoichev123

Unfortunately there is no way to use QV extensions in QS.

The underlying APIs are completely different so the extension will have to be re-written to use the QS APIs.

P.S. if the extension is not something too fancy I can write it for you just DM me the details

Regards!

Stefan

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@stefanstoichev123 I understand the OP is running his QlikView document in the QS Server. The QV document would not be able to load QS extensions and I'm not sure there is a possibility to install QV extensions in a QS server. It's an interesting question. 

@Prins Is your QS Server on-prem or Qlik Cloud?

-Rob

stefanstoichev123

Ahh ive missed that part. Thanks for the correction @rwunderlich 

Prins
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

You are correct, this is exactly what I mean. To answer your question it's Qlik Cloud. I hope you have some valuable insight. Highly appreciate this so far!

@stefanstoichev123 , I still appreciate the offer 🙂 but what @rwunderlich said is actually what I wanted.

Thanks again! 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest you reach out to your Qlik Sales team to get some technical assistance on this.  I'm not sure if it's even possible, but it's a useful question to pose.

-Rob

Prins
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Will do, thanks!