Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

I can't use Dev Hub to create Widgets: it shows me an error "File modified by another user"

Hi:

I'm feeling Qlik Sense is gaslighting me on this one, and I'm kind of losing my mind.

After I just saved a second time a recently created Widget on the Dev Hub (QS Desktop, Feb 2021, patch 2), an error message appears: "An error occurred - File modified by another user"

Screen capture of the errorScreen capture of the error

Way of producing the error:

1. Open Qlik Sense Desktop.
  2. Navigate to the Dev Hub.
  3. Navigate to the Widget editor.
  4. Create new library "WidgetTest"
  5. Create new widget "WTest"
  6. Add html code <h1> Name </h1>
  7. Save
  8. Change the name to "Nam"
  9. And there's the error

Solutions tried:

• I tried deleting browsing history, and it works for a brief moment, later the error message appears again.
  • I checked all the logs, but I couldn't find any.
  • I tried incognito mode.
  • I tried editing the css file and adding an author's name as my qlik sense user and also my pc user.

Thank as you always, kind regards.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi @julioarriaga ,

This issue sometimes happens when a process locks the file on disk - on windows (Qlik Sense Desktop), it can be caused by different things like widgets files opened in another editor, antiviruses etc... maybe this information is not super helpful, but hopefully it can give you a hint on what to investigate.

On a side note: we highly discourage using widgets and widget-editor since this feature will soon be deprecated (and eventually removed)  in our products.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi @julioarriaga ,

This issue sometimes happens when a process locks the file on disk - on windows (Qlik Sense Desktop), it can be caused by different things like widgets files opened in another editor, antiviruses etc... maybe this information is not super helpful, but hopefully it can give you a hint on what to investigate.

On a side note: we highly discourage using widgets and widget-editor since this feature will soon be deprecated (and eventually removed)  in our products.