Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdlucena
Contributor II
Contributor II

Insert powerbi/image in mashup

Is there any way to insert a powerbi graphic without being via iframe editing directly in the source code? I wanted something similar to what exists today in sharepoint.

In sharepoint, just select the power bi option and enter the url.

powerbi-sharepoint-new-web-part.png

Another option is also if it would be possible to insert an image without being via source code, like a drag and drop function.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

@jdlucena what you can do, as already mentioned, is to save images in Qlik Content Libraries (a part of our Repository Service, reachable by QMC under Management Content section) using QRS APIs. Here some info.

I suggest to use a separate webserver where you can manage your images in a better way.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi, it is not clear what you are trying to achieve. Are you embedding Qlik objects and want to have same behaviour that you have in Power BI?

jdlucena
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No, I have a mashup in qlik and I would like to insert a powerbi graphic in the mashup... today I can do it using iframe, example: I insert in the source code <iframe src="https://app.powerbi.com/ view?r=eyJr..."></iframe>... but I would like to insert the powerbi graphic in a simpler way, like dragging or inserting the link as it is done in sharepoint according to the image shown in the initial question.

Likewise, for images, for example: inserting an image just by dragging it, without having to insert it via source code.

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Well, for me it's a pure JS development. There is nothing that Qlik can do for this kind of requirement.

You have to develop this feature in JS, allow users to perform drag and drop into the mashup and then dinamically create the iframe with power bi charts.

jdlucena
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Got it... I created this functionality using pure JS, dragging and dropping the image... but it's possible to save this image in the mashup repository, because the way it is, it just loads the image... when the page is reloaded, the image disappears.

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

@jdlucena I suggest to save images into your webserver or online storage, and then retrieve them from mashup code. If you want to use Qlik Sense server, you can store images in content library. Below the default one from QMC

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

If you are asking if they are related to upload an image to Qlik Sense web server, no they aren't.
Firs link is for save objects modified in a Qlik app only in Qlik Sense Enterprise (on- prem). Second link is for upload data file (csv, qvd, etc.) into Qlik SaaS (cloud)

jdlucena
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I understand... I use Qlik Sense Enterprise, in this case, isn't there a way to have this functionality, drag an image and have it saved? In the images below I explain how it works, with the mashup screen open, I drag an image into the div and this image stays in the div, but it is not saved in the repository, refreshing the page, this image disappears, what I want is that this image is automatically saved in the repository so that it does not disappear on refresh.

img1.pngimg2.pngimg3.png

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

@jdlucena what you can do, as already mentioned, is to save images in Qlik Content Libraries (a part of our Repository Service, reachable by QMC under Management Content section) using QRS APIs. Here some info.

I suggest to use a separate webserver where you can manage your images in a better way.