Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1emerson
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is the QIX Global API available in Qlik SaaS?

I see documentation referencing the Global API in the online QIX docs related to Qlik Saas

Request and Response 

Particularly this section:

"In this example request, an app is opened using OpenDoc. If successful, the response contains a reference to the app handle, which can be used to do further requests towards the Doc (app) API, and so forth."

This seems to be at odds with how a web socket connection is established in the section of the documentation directly above

Websockets 

The URL to create a web socket includes the app id which opens and app and makes it ready for subsequent calls. 

This feels like it makes the Global.OpenDoc() method obsolete.  I guess I'd like to get to the bottom of how the Global API is meant to be used in Qlik Saas

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
  • API

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I think the right answer to your question is that you should not use the Global API in Qlik SaaS. You still need to call OpenDoc on the hub when you connect,  but since you must provide an app context when you set up your session you can't really choose which app to open. You have to open the one you already defined.

All the functionality previously provided by the Global namespace should in Qlik SaaS be accessed through the REST APIs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I think the right answer to your question is that you should not use the Global API in Qlik SaaS. You still need to call OpenDoc on the hub when you connect,  but since you must provide an app context when you set up your session you can't really choose which app to open. You have to open the one you already defined.

All the functionality previously provided by the Global namespace should in Qlik SaaS be accessed through the REST APIs.

1emerson
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

That makes sense to me. I do appreciate the consistency of the QIX API between Qlik for Windows and Qlik SaaS. 

Thanks for confirming