Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmorgan
Partner - Contributor III

Issues using GetFullPropertyTree for sheet object via JSON API

I am having some issues using GetFullPropertyTree through the JSON API.  Does anyone have an example of getting this object for a sheet?

I am working on integrating my teams qlik sense applications into source control and our continuous integration pipeline.  To start I am trying to write a python script that will download text versions of a given application.  Right now I can authenticate, open an app, and pull the data load as a text file, the next step is to try to get the json representation of each sheet in the application.  I am able to list and iterate the sheets by creating a session object in the app and calling GetLayout.  From there I can GetObject on each of the sheets.  However regardless of what I try I am unable to get anything other than method not found trying to call GetFullPropertyTree.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

This can be confusing..

In the JSON protocol methods start with a kapital letter, so GetFullPropertyTree. In the JavaScript wrapper its getFullPropertyTree.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
iharsh220
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

if you need current sheet if for extension  you can use 

qlik.navigation.get current sheet id()

if you are using engine api then 

step 1:  go to Qlik Engine 

step 2 :  connect engine select your app

step 3: in DOC open GetObjects

step 4: pass this json

{
         "handle": 1,
         "method": "GetObjects",
          "params": {
                     " qOptions": {
                                  "qTypes": [
                                               "sheet"
                                     ],
                                    "qIncludeSessionObjects": false,
                                     "qData": {}
                         }
             }
}

step 4: you'll get list of sheet for that app you're selected..

Thanks regards

Harsh Gohil 

johnmorgan
Author

All of that is fine.  Where I have an issue is when I call getFullPropertyType on the qId that comes back from the and handle from the getObject call.

Body of that call looks like:

{"handle": "GAvUq", "id": 9, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "getFullPropertyTree", "params": [4], "py/object": "QlikObjects.RequestObject"}

My understanding is that this should return several sheet properties including a json version of the sheet.

That call is consistently failing with method not found.

Thanks!

iharsh220
Contributor III
Contributor III

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/Ca...

check this url if it will help.

qlik.app.getFullPropertyTree(id)  // pass your sheet object id here

i dont know this api is working or not but still try once 🙂

ErikWetterberg

This can be confusing..

In the JSON protocol methods start with a kapital letter, so GetFullPropertyTree. In the JavaScript wrapper its getFullPropertyTree.

johnmorgan
Author

2 days of looking at this and I didn't realize that I had camel cased that method call even though I hadn't camel cased any of the others  🙂  

This solved my issue.  Thanks!