Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

LicenseAccessDenied after 5 refreshes of web page

Hi,

I have a web page connecting to Qlik Sense using NTLM Authentication (please see the code snippet attached below). When the user refreshes/posts the page the new session is created as I understand. After 5 refreshes I get LicenseAccessDenied exception due to limit of 5 sessions. I guess ILocastion.Dispose does not kill the session. I also tried to add REST call to logout (as you can see in the snippet) but with no success. I'm wondering how to terminate the session after each page load or eventually to keep the session live so the new one is not created each time.

public async Task<List<QlikApp>> GetApps()

{

List<QlikApp> apps = new List<QlikApp>();

try

{

// Open location

using (ILocation location = Qlik.Engine.Location.FromUri(qlikConfig.QlikEngineUri))

{

// Define the location as a connection to Qlik Sense using NTLM Authentication

await location.AsNtlmUserViaProxyAsync();

// Add all available apps to the list                              

foreach (IAppIdentifier appIdentifier in await location.GetAppIdentifiersAsync())

{

apps.Add(new QlikApp() { Id = appIdentifier.AppId, Name = appIdentifier.AppName });

}

/* LOGOUT REST TEST */

var proxyPath = "";

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(location.VirtualProxyPath))

{

proxyPath += location.VirtualProxyPath + "/";

}

var serverPath = $"{location.ServerUri.AbsoluteUri}{proxyPath}";

var request = (HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create($"{serverPath}qps/user");

//var request = (HttpWebRequest) HttpWebRequest.Create($"{location.ServerUri}qps/{proxyPath}session/{sessCookie[1]}");

//var reques = (HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(serverPat + "/user");

request.CookieContainer = new CookieContainer();

foreach (var cookie in location.CustomUserCookies)

{

request.CookieContainer.Add(new Uri(serverPath), new Cookie(cookie.Key, cookie.Value));

}

var sc = location.SessionCookie.Split('=');

request.CookieContainer.Add(new Uri(serverPath), new Cookie(sc[0], sc[1]));

request.Method = "DELETE";

var res = request.GetResponse();

}

}

catch (Exception e)

{

//// Set alert

//showAlert = true;

//alertType = AlertType.Error;

//alertMessage += e.Message;

////alertMessage += "There was a problem retrieving applications from the Qlick Sense.";

//alertMessage += Environment.NewLine;

throw;

}

return apps;

}

Many thanks!

Michal

0 Replies