Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niel_sylvain
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

List Apps with custom property

I 'm looking for something with  API to read a custom property or tag from an app.

I can't find anything to do this .

I am using require["js/qlik"] and the qlik.getAppList. This information is not available in the response.

Is it possible using another API ? I'm using a virtual proxy

Labels (3)
1 Solution
10 Replies
niel_sylvain
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply.

I can successfully call the QRS API through a http request from server to server https://<server>:4242/qrs/app/full with the certificate authentication.

I'm looking for a solution to call the QRS API through javascript call and a websocket with proxy authentication.

ex : a call to wss://<server>:4243/<virtualproxy>/qrs/app/full 

Is it possible ?

ErikWetterberg

No, you cannot call the QRS API over websockets. Why do you want to call it over web socket??

niel_sylvain
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have a html page with javascript including the qlik hosted script require.js

I use the javascript API require["js/qlik"] through a websocket and i call qlik.getAppList to get informations about available apps for my connected user. Authentication is made through virtual proxy when i request require.js, a redirection is made from qlik virtual proxy to my authentication endpoint.

It worked very well and it is full javascript but in the AppList response i don't have informations about tags and customProperties.

If there is no other option i will write the app list from server with QRS API response instead of doing it with the websocket qlik.getAppList response

ErikWetterberg

You could use the callRepository method, though I've seem that Qlik has marked it as deprecated, so it might be removed in a future release. 

niel_sylvain
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help.

I will using the QRS API directly and not the deprecated method of javascript API.

millnet-maho
Partner - Contributor III

Is it possible to filter (e.g.) apps by custom property value? The general filter documentation doesn't give any help past simple expressions, but I've noticed that for example ?filter=stream.name+eq+'Whatever' works. However, both tags and custom properties are contained in arrays. Is there any way to search for items which have a particular value anywhere in an array? Is it even possible to filter on properties that are not part of the "Condensed" version of the object?

millnet-maho

OK, tags.name eq 'Foo' works. customProperties.value and customProperty.definition.name can also be checked for in the same way, but is it possible to match only apps where it's the same property that has the given name and value?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Not sure if I understand what you mean by "same property that has the given name and value", but you can use custom properties in filters like this:

GET https://my.server.com/qrs/app?filter=@MyProp eq 'X'

That query will return all apps which have been assigned the value 'X' for the custom property 'MyProp'.