Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwin
Master II
Master II

Locking a field selection using API

I wasnt sure if this should be in integration but it does concern the API.  we cretaed a link to our dashboard we share view web.  we call/open the dashboard and select specific field using the APP API from this help info:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2017/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/AppIntegrationAPI/ap...

so we could call our dashboard and set a specific field using the following format:

{APP/SHEET URL}/clearselections/select/{field}/{value}

all is working well until the user selects a filter that breaks our selection.

the question is: how do we instruct Qlik to LOCK the field at select when the URL is clicked.  it would make sense that if the functionality to SELECT a field value is opened up via API call, then all fucntionalities of the SELECT function should be supported - or does it?

thanks,

edwin 

Labels (1)
  • API

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Oh, sorry! I guess I was too quick to answer. I thought you were asking for the functionality in the API in general, and I didn't realize at first that you were looking for a way to do this in the URL. I'm pretty sure there is no lock functionality available there, but I'm not very familiar with that API so I'll leave it to others with more knowledge in this domain to answer your question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

herringbur
Contributor
Contributor

edwin
Master II
Master II
Author

@moderator - how do you report responses like these?  shouldnt anyone be looking out for traps like these?

this is very infuriating! 

edwin
Master II
Master II
Author

@Øystein_Kolsrud the doc does not say how to use it.

if for example, the dashboard link is:

HTTPS://someServer.com/app12345/sheet12345/sheet/analysis/language/en/clearselections/select/country...

i tried using 

HTTPS://someServer.com/app12345/sheet12345/sheet/analysis/language/en/clearselections/select/country.../lock/country_desc

didnt work.  didnt realize you can incorporate the Qlik engine JSON API calls into the dashboard URL, pls give an example.  

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Oh, sorry! I guess I was too quick to answer. I thought you were asking for the functionality in the API in general, and I didn't realize at first that you were looking for a way to do this in the URL. I'm pretty sure there is no lock functionality available there, but I'm not very familiar with that API so I'll leave it to others with more knowledge in this domain to answer your question.

edwin
Master II
Master II
Author

thanks for confirming.  this goes back to what i was saying - a functionality is available but in my opinion, it is incomplete.

the confirmation does allow us to move on and rethink our approach.

thanks,

edwin