Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stacy_virginia
Contributor
Contributor

Mashup - Embedding multiple sheets in a mashup

Hello,

I'm tasked with making a qlik mashup displaying the main sheets for 5 different dashboards. Is this even a possibility? I know I can embedded the sheet and adjust the size, but it makes the visuals almost impossible to see. Attached is the template I should be using to base the mashup off of. The actually mashup is open to change, such as having two sheets on top and three on bottom, etc. I'm also not familar with linking things in a mashup, is this possible also?

My only experience with mashups is just adding some dashboard visuals in it. I don't have much experience with html and java, so any help is appreciated! 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @stacy_virginia , based on your template, space for the 5 sheets is very small, and as you mentioned, they are impossible to see. What I can suggest here is to build a kind of home page where you provide to users 5 link to your Qlik Sense dashboards with a preview of the main sheet (could be an image). Then when user click on one of the previews, navigate directly to Qlik Sense app or to a new page of your mashup with Qlik visualizations embedded into it. For embedding all the 5 sheets at the same time you have to use iframes and Qlik Single Integration APIs. In this case, would be great to create one single mashup which embed the 5 apps.
What do you mean by "linking things in mashup"? Do you want to synchronize selections between Qlik apps?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @stacy_virginia , based on your template, space for the 5 sheets is very small, and as you mentioned, they are impossible to see. What I can suggest here is to build a kind of home page where you provide to users 5 link to your Qlik Sense dashboards with a preview of the main sheet (could be an image). Then when user click on one of the previews, navigate directly to Qlik Sense app or to a new page of your mashup with Qlik visualizations embedded into it. For embedding all the 5 sheets at the same time you have to use iframes and Qlik Single Integration APIs. In this case, would be great to create one single mashup which embed the 5 apps.
What do you mean by "linking things in mashup"? Do you want to synchronize selections between Qlik apps?

stacy_virginia
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi! Thank you, this is super helpful! Your suggestion with the image makes sense. How would I get it so when the image is clicked it opens up to the dashboard/sheet? I know very minimal html/java so I’m sure it’s something simple that’s going over my head. That also answers my question about the links. Thank you! 

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Basically, you need to understand how Qlik Sense app urls are made. If you open your Qlik application and navigate to your sheet, you can copy that url and this will be your link for opening your Qlik apps from web app. Then, from your HTML page, you have to associate Qlik app links to HTML buttons/container or whatever HTML object you want to use.