cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoyal18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Notification Web Connector not working

I have downloaded the latest WebConnectors for Qliksense and trying to configure and test the Notification Connector to send mail. I am using gmail for SMTP and settings in gmail are correct.

I keep getting below error on Data Preview

Error connecting to Smtp server (The server has closed the connection.)

Notificationcentre.png

12 Replies
F1nskyfin_28
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi to all and sorry for my English
 @stevedark, I looked at your blog post. And it seems to me that I set the necessary settings for the SMTP Connector.
But still, I get an error (see Screenshot_1).

Therefore, I have a question: what settings (antivirus, security settings in the browser, something wrong with certificates, etc.) can still / should be changed if such an error occurs. Maybe you know?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Did you download the example QVF that is with the blog post here:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/send-data-from-qlik-load-script/

This app has all the settings in for GMail.

Your settings look correct. The account I use are a GSuite account, rather than a standard GMail account, which might have a bearing.

Your thoughts about security settings are worth exploring, particularly firewalls blocking ports. Is QWC installed locally or on a server? If the latter it will be the security settings on the server, not your machine, that you will need to look at.

The error message you see will be coming back from Google, rather than QWC. Suggest searching elsewhere on-line for a solution, as you are more likely to find this in a non-Qlik related forum.

Hope that helps. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Steve

F1nskyfin_28
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes, I downloaded your application.
When I set my parameters (email from, recipient email, password) I still get an error: Internal Server Error
QWC installed locally.
Strange that a similar error occurs when I try to use office365 account =(

Anyway, thanks for answers