Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjb427
Contributor III
Contributor III

OAuth web client has all scopes but lacks access to data files

I've configured an M2M oauth web client in the Qlik Management console and granted it all scopes. I am able to use it to fetch data from some endpoints, like /audits and /apps, but when I hit the /data-files endpoint, no results are returned. I haven't tried all endpoints and am not sure if there are other resources it doesn't have access to. Is there a way to control the client's perms beyond granting scopes?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @jjb427 

Scopes detail what the bot can do, but the bot will still respect space access control, so you'll need to ensure it has appropriate access to the space, depending on the action you want to perform.

For data-files API calls, you must also specify the space (via connection ID) to return the data-files in that space, leaving the value blank will return only data files in the user's personal space (which, for a new M2M bot, is likely to be empty).

Shamelessly plugging our docs on data-files here in case others stumble into this thread in the future.

Then, other resource types follow a similar pattern. Most can be returned via calls to /items, which simplifies finding resources and standardises the calls you'd have to make to individual services.