Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Parsing an array of outputs in Qlikview using SSE for Python (3rd order Polynomial)

Hey there,

I'm currently experimenting with Server Side Extensions in Qlikview using the following code:  https://github.com/qlik-oss/server-side-extension

I was doing an example with a 3rd order polynomial as while you can get a trendline for this in view you can't access the underlying equation in order to use it for predictions.  I've attached a QVW of what I've done which works fine (see image below). 

The issue is that when I get the result back from python it's in an array and so you'll see in the app that I fetch each coefficient and place it in a variable and then use those variables in my expression.  This is pretty inefficient though because I have to call python for each coefficient. 

I then tried joining all of the outputs in the array into a single string but the SSE wasn't happy with this as I was using ScriptAggr.  If I switch to ScriptAggrStr, it also fails because it wants the inputs to be strings.

Is there not a better way to do this than what I'm doing now?  i.e. pass in two columns and then make a 3rd order polynomial prediction?

example_result.png

Labels (3)
0 Replies