Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igoralcantara

Problem with the R Plugin

I have Sense Server November 2017 release. I have installed the R Plugin and I am able to run the R examples provided. So, apparently the plugin is working.

However, when I try to use it with my own data I am not able to make it work.

For example, if I add a text object and write the following expression, I get no result. Not even an error, just a blank text. There are absolutely no blank values.

R.ScriptEval('mean(q$BMI);', BMI)

Issue number 2:

When I try to execute an R command in the script, I get this error "Client specified an invalid argument."

This is the code. The source R file runs fine in R Studio.

TempR:

LOAD '$(vRSource)' As RSource

Autogenerate 1;

R:

NoConcatenate

LOAD

R.ScriptEvalStr('source(q$RSource);', RSource) as R_Output

Resident TempR;

Check out my latest posts at datavoyagers.net
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. As I noticed in all examples when they indicate data they write like this: BMI as bmi. I am  not sure if it matters but if there are no other ideas I would try.

2. For aggregations you need to use aggregate versions of the function:

R.ScriptAggr('mean(q$BMI);' BMI as BMI)

3. You need to be careful when using Str version of the function and passing numerical data. Maybe you could use:

R.ScriptEvalExStr('N', 'source(q$RSource);', RSource as RSource)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. As I noticed in all examples when they indicate data they write like this: BMI as bmi. I am  not sure if it matters but if there are no other ideas I would try.

2. For aggregations you need to use aggregate versions of the function:

R.ScriptAggr('mean(q$BMI);' BMI as BMI)

3. You need to be careful when using Str version of the function and passing numerical data. Maybe you could use:

R.ScriptEvalExStr('N', 'source(q$RSource);', RSource as RSource)

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Issue number 2:

Qlik always expect some value to be returned from SSE and actually the source R function does not return anything unless the parameter echo = TRUE.

So the following should work for you:

R.ScriptEvalStr('source(toString(q$RSource[1]), echo = TRUE);', RSource) as R_Output

igoralcantara
Author

Is there any documentation for these R.Script functions?

Check out my latest posts at datavoyagers.net
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Igor!

Yes, the documentation can be found here server-side-extension/writing_a_plugin.md at master · qlik-oss/server-side-extension · GitHub

Regards,

Josefine