Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srijib
Contributor
Contributor

Programmatically executing qlik report

I have a repot hosted on the qliksense server. We are accessing the report via the browser by selecting combination of filters to refine the data. However, we want a way to download the refined data programmatically, i.e. without need of going to the browser. My thought is to send the filter values as a json object and in response I am expecting the report output in csv or excel form, as it is a simple list report.

I tried exploring the engine api but unable to get a proper guidance. Please help by providing some samples to achieve this functionality.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @srijib  you should probably look at using the  "Single Integration API" this will allow the integration of a single visualization in a web page. But it is not capable of returning an excel or csv format. It is limited in this respect.
Ideally to achieve what you want you should consider using Qlik Cloud. With Qlik Cloud the generation of reports is possible via REST API, and will return JSON objects that could be easily converted.

Sense Client APIs

REST API reports 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @srijib  you should probably look at using the  "Single Integration API" this will allow the integration of a single visualization in a web page. But it is not capable of returning an excel or csv format. It is limited in this respect.
Ideally to achieve what you want you should consider using Qlik Cloud. With Qlik Cloud the generation of reports is possible via REST API, and will return JSON objects that could be easily converted.

Sense Client APIs

REST API reports 

srijib
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the answer, I could generate the  url by clicking the share button to get an embedded url , close to what I wanted, which contain parameters in the url string as get parameters. But pretty close and workable.