Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Integration, Extension & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northerner
Partner
Partner

QRS API: orderby using child property (e.g. stream name)

Hi,

I'm using the QRS API to get a list of apps.  I can sort the list by app name using orderby=name in the query string. I want to be able to be able to sort the list by stream name but I can't figure out how to do this.  Does anyone know if it's possible to apply a sort that uses a child property such as stream.name or stream.id?

Thanks

3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Damian,

So it looks like there is a bug on the Repository side whereby standard orderby-ing will not work when the order condition has empty values.

Example Working: /qrs/app/full?orderby=stream.name&filter=(name eq 'zzz')

Example failure condition: /qrs/app/full?orderby=stream.name

So it looks like there is a bug on the Repository side whereby standard orderby-ing will not work when the order condition has empty values.

In lieu of that (while it's getting resolved), you can use

POST /qrs/app/table?orderAscending=true&sortColumn=stream.name

Body:

{

"entity": "App",

"columns": [

{

"name": "id",

"columnType": "Property",

"definition": "id"

},

{

"name": "name",

"definition": "name"

},

{

"name": "owner",

"definition": "owner"

},

{

"name": "publishTime",

"definition": "publishTime"

},

{

"name": "stream",

"definition": "stream"

}

]

}

Hope that helps.

berkayaskin
Partner
Partner

Hello, 

I do have a pretty similar problem.

I have created a mashup which gets stream, apps and sheets from different api calls and merge into an object which i am keeping that object in React state.

I need custom sorting for streams and sheets. I can sort the sheets by description asc or desc but stream doesn't have a description property on Qlik Sense side.

I gave them custom property named as streamOrder and it's value is starting from 1 to 8. When I check the api call response, each stream has customProperty which is an array of object that includes the the unique values(from 1 to 8 ) I gave but I couldn't apply these custom properties to orderby property on the api call. 

let fetchStreamList = await axios.get(`${process.env.REACT_APP_SERVER_URL}/qrs/stream/full?xrfkey=${process.env.REACT_APP_XRFKEY}&orderby=???`

Would you recommend a solution for that? @Levi_Turner 

Thank you in advance.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

This will need to be handled on the client code side since custom properties cannot be ordered in that manner.