Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enzobejar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Data Transfer on Windows 10

Hello, 

I have deployed a Qlik Sense Desktop + Data Transfer on a Windows 10 computer, as QS Desktop can not be installed on a Windows Server computer, but the Data Transfer opens on a white screen.  I've attemped the troubleshooting in here: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/trouble...

With no suceed, as there is no certificates on this computer. 

I've attemped this solution as well, marked as solved, but the user has the same problem as I do. 

Any hints on how to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, QDT should be installed in a Windows server version, Windows 10 is only for testing: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/install....

Qlik Sense desktop can be installed in any Windows 10 computer, it can be used just to edit the app and add the data connections if you can to reload a qvf, to do the reloads QDT doesn't needs qlik sense desktop.

enzobejar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello @rubenmarin , 

Thanks for your reply, I do understand that Windows 10 is for testing purposes, I've installed some other tools in testing Operating Systems and they work. I'm aware that this is a certificate issue.

Maybe you have a work around for my scenario, our customer has a Qlik Sense Saas license, they do not provide internet access to the exterior. What we have done is installing a Qlik Sense Desktop on a Windows 10 computer (Windows Server isn't supported for QSD) to extract the data from theyre data base and build the QS project. With that QS Data Transfer We were planning to program schedules and send the reloaded qvf. How else can we handle this scenario?

rubenmarin

Hi, sorry, I haven't tested it on Windows 10,  if there is a link in help page about the white screen it seems something that might happen but so far I've been lucky enough to not found it myself.

I can't tell if it's because we always install it in a Win server version. The scenario is usally the same when you need to reload from qvf: A windows 10 computer with QSD, there you add the data connections to the qvf, and pass it to the QDT server, which manages to reload and create the qvds in a folder, and syncronyze that folder with cloud.

Note than the default behaviour to reload a qvf with data transfer is to upload each table of the data model into a qvd to the cloud, we usually avoid that because we only synchronize the previous qvds generators layer, wich usually doesn't have a data model, or we don't need it to load the final app, we only upload the qvds to reload the app on cloud.

enzobejar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply @rubenmarin , I guess QDT does not works on windows 10 after all.