Qlik Community

Integration, Extension & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Now Live: Qlik Sense SaaS Simplified Authoring – Analytics Creation for Everyone: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik SaaS: session token / identity

I have an application that uses the .NET SDK to connect to a Qlik Cloud instance and make a series of selections, like this:

var cloudLocation = QcsLocation.FromUri(uri);
var sessionToken = SessionToken.Custom("my-session-token");
var app = cloudLocation.App("my-app-id", sessionToken);
//... make selections, set variables, etc...

As you can see, I'm using a custom session token, because I then I want to be able to launch a browser and recover that exact session, by using the "identity" parameter in the URL, like this:

https://my-tenant-url/sense/app/my-app-id/sheet/sheet-id/state/analysis/identity/my-session-token

This worked on Qlik Sense Enterprise, I've been using it for years in this application. However,  it doesn't seem to work at all with Qlik Cloud, if I go to the URL it looks like the selections I've made with the SDK are not there, like they're two completely different sessions. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is this not supported anymore in Qlik Cloud? Is there a workaround to sync the SDK and Browser session??

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

This part of the connection flow is handled differently in QCS compared to QSEfW. The "identity" part in the URL used for defining an engine session identifier in QSEfW has in QCS been replaced by a header in the request you send when accessing the system. The header should be of the following form:

X-Qlik-Session: my-session-token

If you inject this header in your browser, then the code you use in the .NET SDK should work just fine.

View solution in original post

master_t
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply. At first it didn't seem to work, but I think you made a typo: using X-Qlik-Session it works!

Thank you for your support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

This part of the connection flow is handled differently in QCS compared to QSEfW. The "identity" part in the URL used for defining an engine session identifier in QSEfW has in QCS been replaced by a header in the request you send when accessing the system. The header should be of the following form:

X-Qlik-Session: my-session-token

If you inject this header in your browser, then the code you use in the .NET SDK should work just fine.

master_t
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply. At first it didn't seem to work, but I think you made a typo: using X-Qlik-Session it works!

Thank you for your support

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Yes, you're absolutely right!  It should of course be "X-Qlik-Session" not "Q-Qlik-Session". I'll edit the reply...