Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense and Python Machine learning integration

Hi folks,

I am trying to apply my existing machine learning algorithm (random forest) python codes into Qlik Sense and as far as I found there is no one talking about how to do that.

So far, I have gone through all the examples here:

server-side-extension/GetStarted.md at master · qlik-oss/server-side-extension · GitHub

and they are all working properly.

To do any predictive modelling in Python, pandas dataframe and numpy array are the most common used data type, however, I cannot figure out a way to get the code to pick up any of the data type. Could anyone provide some some sort of instructions or template about how to load data from Qlik into a dataframe and be able to output numpy array from python to Qlik?

Much appreciate!!!

Cheers,

Yi

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
huzefawit
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Yi,

You can check out the Axis Group blog post regarding the Python integration with AAI (http://www.axisgroup.com/qlik-sense-server-side-extensions-part-13-architecture-environment/)

They have explained in detail how the data is passed from Qlik to Python and visa-versa. Once you understand this you can do the usual scripting in Python as you would have done working solely in Python environment.

Axis group guys have done a youtube video to demonstrate their AAI project. You can check that out here (Dork Cast Episode 1 (Advanced Analytics Integration) - YouTube)

I hope this will give you enough knowledge to work with your predictive models in Python and Qlik.

Thanks,

Huzefa

View solution in original post

3 Replies
huzefawit
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Yi,

You can check out the Axis Group blog post regarding the Python integration with AAI (http://www.axisgroup.com/qlik-sense-server-side-extensions-part-13-architecture-environment/)

They have explained in detail how the data is passed from Qlik to Python and visa-versa. Once you understand this you can do the usual scripting in Python as you would have done working solely in Python environment.

Axis group guys have done a youtube video to demonstrate their AAI project. You can check that out here (Dork Cast Episode 1 (Advanced Analytics Integration) - YouTube)

I hope this will give you enough knowledge to work with your predictive models in Python and Qlik.

Thanks,

Huzefa

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yi!

I know you already have a correct answer and that you asked your question a while ago, but I wanted to mention that we have a python script example using pandas now in the git repo. Perhaps it can be helpful for others coming here asking the same question.

server-side-extension/examples/python/fullscriptsupport_pandas at master · qlik-oss/server-side-exte...