cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense Email Alert Tool

Hi All,

I try to use an extension from Qlik Branch.

Qlik Branch

however i got an error when try to test:

Failure sending mail.  Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed

It is success to connect Qlik Sense Server and email.

Can anyone provide some suggestion to fix this?

Best Regards,

Louis

6 Replies
SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

You may want to put a post on the author of that tools page to see if he can provide some assistance.

Another alternative is to use the Qlik Web Connector: Notification Connector. This is a supported product by Qlik and is extremely flexible in terms of sending emails directly from within your Load Scripts.

Here is an example on how to use it:

GitHub - newmans99/Qlik-Simple-Email-Example: Example of how to leverage Qlik Web Connectors to send...

Hopefully that helps.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Steve,

I have generated and integrated auto generated script in an application and when I am executing it , it is not sending any mail but it is executing fine and the link between [..] works fine in browser. Can you please help me to know how to use this script to trigger mail on task failure, where to integrate and how ?

SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

Can you confirm that in Qlik Web Connectors that you have tested sending an email directly in QWC (step 4)? If you get the email from that test, then you should proceed to the next step.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Steve,

Yes you are right, It is not sending any mail when it get executed. It is giving error as :

Failure.PNG

I am using same credentials which I have used in SMTP appender file and it was working fine there.

Can you please tell me how to debug it and please explain me what exactly this mean

IMPORTANT: This will only work if the Qlik Sense reload process is running from one of the following 'white listed' IP addresses:

• localhost

You can add or remove addresses from this list from 'Start Page' -> 'Settings' -> 'My Settings' -> 'Allowed IP Addresses'.

??????

SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

I'm not sure what is causing this error. It could be your connection settings, firewall settings, etc... I recommend that you open a support ticket with Qlik Support to determine the actual cause in your environment. Once it tests correctly, you can then move on to Step #5.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

My credentials are right, firewall is off, no antivirus, why still it is showing failure message. Please help me to fix it