Skip to main content

Integration, Extension & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Skip the ticket, Chat with Qlik Support instead for instant assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheldonqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense Visualization Events in Mashup

Hello,

I am working on a qliksense mashup and have 2 visualizations.  We have a Pie ChartVisualization and a Table Visualization.  If i select a segment in the pie chart the table will filter down the data. What I wish to know is from the mashup api side is there an event or something that can tell me that data has changed in the table?  The reason I am asking is if there is another visualization on the mashup page from a different application or even a visualization that uses set analysis, I would like to know the visualizations that are affected by any  given selection. Is this a possibility.

Thanks for the help

Sheldon

3 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You have the same events available as in an extension, defined on the model. There is some documentation available here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/2.2/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/extensions-angular-eve...

The Validated event would be the one you are interested in.

To use this in a mashup you would do something like this:

app.getObject( tabid, id ).then( function ( model ) {

model.Validated.bind( function () {

//do something here

} );

} );

Some explanation:

• the getobject call returns a promise of a model for the object
  • when you get that model back, it has the events defined
  • you can bind a function to the validated event

Hope this helps

Erik

sheldonqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I didn't realize that!  i use that in the extensions but never thought about it like that for the mashups. Thanks.  that is exactly what I was looking for.

ErikWetterberg

We try to make the same API calls (where relevant) work in both extensions and mashups. Many developers work with both.

Erik