Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v_nicolino
Contributor
Contributor

REST API with POST method not working in Qlik Sense

Hello.

I have a problem with REST connector with OAuth schema authentication. I need to do authentication with username and password using POST method and get the token. I have tried various ways but the connection to the server fails.
I tried putting username and password in the Request body box in JSON format. I have also tried putting credentials in the "query parameters" and "query headers" fields.
How could this be done ? Any advice ?

thanks

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Damien_V
Support
Support

Hello @v_nicolino 

Where you need to put username and password depend on the REST API you're connecting to.

Have you tried the same in Postman and see if that works? If that works in Postman, where do you put the username and password? in the request body ?

If you are not sure where to put them, you might want to check with the person managing the REST API server you're connecting to.

Best regards,

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
v_nicolino
Contributor
Contributor
Author

hello,

i tried it with postman and it works. I put the password and username in the body request in JSON format.

I insert the password and username in JSON format in qliksense request body but it doesn't work. in the header I specified the json format.

thank you