Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lindybrits
Contributor III
Contributor III

SQL SELECT * FROM --> Qlik REST Connector

Hi all!

Is it possible to use the "SQL SELECT * FROM..." statement in Qlik Sense, when working with a Qlik REST Connector?

I get the error as seen in attached.

Kind Regards,

Lindy Brits.

7 Replies
Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yes it is possible.

On what Rest API you trying to connect exactly?

lindybrits
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is a REST API that I have built on NodeJS, connecting to a PostgreSQL database. It works fine if I define the specific fields, for example ' SQL SELECT "name", "surname", ... FROM JSON (wrap on) "root" ', but it doesn't work when I insert "*".

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ok in that case I understand your question wrong.

I think you mean does it work with a from clause.

I think the structur of a rest call from json format makes a call with * difficult because

you can have more than one from clause nested inside each other.

lindybrits
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Apologies for being unclear. Do you have a solution for this?

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think you can't use * in that case.

I don't know exactly the use case why you need that but perhabs you can try to set substrings of your call in variables?

lindybrits
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do you mean perhaps --> create a SQL statement from variables, concatenated with strings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lindy,

As per my review, You can't use * inside rest statement. This article may help to know usage of statements inside REST connector.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/1.2/Load-REST-data/Sel...

After generating rest statement ,you can try to modify the loaded data using * or any load inline.