cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sense Input and save in App

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an extension, where I can input some text and save it in the App.

Does anyone know an extension (but not K4Analytics)?

The scenario is that an user should be able to see for example all complaints and make a comment in Sense,

if he has responded to the complaint.

Thanks and BR

Keshan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

You probably should go for a Projectsolution. Actually there is no way to put data in a QlikSense datamodel but passing through the script. You need to looking for a writeback operation, which mean allow a user to write back to a Database. From here you have 2 different solutions:

1) Pick the data up from Database and present them along side the Qlik Data in a Mashup

2) Put the data in QlikSense app reading them periodically with the App script

Hope this help

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

You probably should go for a Projectsolution. Actually there is no way to put data in a QlikSense datamodel but passing through the script. You need to looking for a writeback operation, which mean allow a user to write back to a Database. From here you have 2 different solutions:

1) Pick the data up from Database and present them along side the Qlik Data in a Mashup

2) Put the data in QlikSense app reading them periodically with the App script

Hope this help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I think this is the only way at the moment.

BR

Keshan

daniel_s-cubed
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Keshan,

I hope you have found a solution to your request.

If not, then you should take a look at our native Qlik Sense write-back extension "Komment":

Komment 

It only use native Qlik functionality and APIs and hence, it can be installed right away without the involvement of IT. All your comments are stored to QVDs so there is no need for external services or databases.

Happy commenting 

All the best

Daniel