Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krilk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to select on field - Pending state

Hello.

I've ran into a very strange issue that I need help with, as I see no logical explanation for this behaviour after many hours of investigation.

My sheet has two extensions on it, both are textareas with buttons to make field selections based on user input. 

Both extensions use similar dimensions.

Extension #1 allows the user to select on field "ID" and "Name", depending on the input.

Extension #2 allows the user to select on a hidden "%CId" field, and to do that, it does multiple selections based on different fields, and clears them.

If I do a search using Extension #2 first, and then attempt to do a search using Extension #1 using "Name" selection, it does not work, it is meant to clear the "Name" field, and then make a selection on it. Surprisingly, the same Extension #1 when used to select on the "ID" field works as expected.

A plot twist:
If I do a search using Extension #1 first, using "Name" field, it select correctly, I am then able to clear the selection, use Extension #2 to make selections as expected, and then Extension #1 will work as expected for both "Name" and "ID" fields. 

I did some debugging, the app object in the extension contains a growing list of "Pending" objects for that "Name" field: 

krilk_1-1622019333009.png

This only happens if Extension #2 is being used first. I did check and the Extension #2 is cleaning up after itself properly, there are no fields selected, I did try to use app.clearAll() before attempting Extension #1 testing also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Replies