Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dquintana
Contributor
Contributor

User Authentication to Section Access in Embedded Qlik Cloud Sheet

Hello,

I have a question regarding user authentication with embedded Qlik sheets/objects on my own web application. Currently, my Qlik sheet has section access, where, depending on if the user has an analyzer license, they can only see specific data points. I am wondering if section access translates to embedded Qlik sheets/objects on my own web application? For example, if a user creates an account on my web application, instead of through Qlik, I would like section access to apply to them on the embedded Qlik sheet/object. Is this possible currently?

Thank you and let me know if I need to provide more details or clarify anything.

Dominic

Labels (4)
1 Reply
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @dquintana 

Absolutely! It all depends on how you choose to authenticate those users, as you have the choice in how you present them - but section access will still work. All section access does it check the user or group you give it against the section access table.

As an example, if you create and authenticate users in your portal, and you're not using a OIDC compatible IdP, then you may wish to use JWT to authenticate those users to Qlik to avoid them needing to log in via Qlik Account or another provider.

In a JWT, you send a subject and email, and optionally one or more groups, which will then be referenced by section access. We have examples of how to deploy an example with iframes on qlik.dev, such as https://qlik.dev/tutorials/managing-iframe-embedded-content-session-state-using-enigmajs-and-json-we... - but this also works in a similar way across our other embedding technologies.