Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

WITH CONNECTION statement - BODY with Double quote

I am trying to POST a REST connection with a Body.

While there is no issue when it is a static BODY (in the connection edition), I can't do it right now in the BODY parameter of the "WITH CONNECTION" statement.

Would you know if there is any escape character or any other solution?

I can't replace double quote by nothing nor by single quote as per the API requirements.

Here is the exemple:

Let vBody = '{["ids":[10001,10002]]}';

Load

FROM JSON (wrap off) "root" PK "__KEY_root"

WITH CONNECTION(URL "$(vUrl)",

HEADER "$(vHeaderName)" "$(vHeaderParameter",

BODY "$(vBody)");

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can simply double your quotes and Qlik will make sure to send it correctly.

Let vBody = '{[""ids"":[10001,10002]]}';

So doubling your double quotes will do the trick...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can simply double your quotes and Qlik will make sure to send it correctly.

Let vBody = '{[""ids"":[10001,10002]]}';

So doubling your double quotes will do the trick...

carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II

@petter I'm trying to do something very similar but must be missing something.  I have this as my body in the connection.

{ "query": "SELECT * FROM AppLogs f WHERE (DateTimePart('yyyy', TimestampToDateTime(f._ts * 1000)) = 2023) AND f.RequestPath in ('/payments/post-sales','/payments/pre-sales','/payments/refunds','/payments','/Payments')"}

carlcimino_0-1673635169558.png

i tried to do this:

let vBody = '{ "query": "SELECT * FROM AppLogs f WHERE (DateTimePart('yyyy', TimestampToDateTime(f._ts * 1000)) = 2023) AND f.RequestPath in ('/payments/post-sales','/payments/pre-sales','/payments/refunds','/payments','/Payments')"}';

I then put the BODY and variable in the with connection

FROM JSON (wrap on) "root" PK "__KEY_root"
WITH CONNECTION(url "$(v_EnvironmentURL)",
HTTPHEADER "Authorization" "$(vSessionId)",
HTTPHEADER "x-ms-date" "$(vMS_Date)",
HTTPHEADER "x-ms-version" "$(vMS_Version)",
HTTPHEADER "x-ms-max-item-count" "1000",
BODY "$(vBody)")
;

when I go to load the data I get this error message.  Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

carlcimino_2-1673635506158.png

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is your source an Azure Cosmos DB - it sure looks like it with the two functions DateTimePart() and  TimestampToDateTime()....

According to Microsofts documentation the first parameter of the DateTimePart needs to be in double quotes - not in single quotes like you have done. So the first I would try using two double quotes like this:

{ "query": "SELECT * FROM AppLogs f WHERE (DateTimePart(""yyyy"", TimestampToDateTime(f._ts * 1000)) = 2023) AND f.RequestPath in ('/payments/post-sales','/payments/pre-sales','/payments/refunds','/payments','/Payments')"}

carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II

@petter Yes you're absolutely correct.  This is Azure Cosmos DB. I tried to do as you suggested and it still gives the unexpected token/operator error.  The script editor looks like it doesn't like the '/ in the request paths part of the query.  In pPstman it works fine without the double quotes and the request paths the way I have them.

let vBody = '{"query": "SELECT * FROM AppLogs f WHERE (DateTimePart(""yyyy"", TimestampToDateTime(f._ts * 1000)) = 2023) AND f.RequestPath in ('/payments/post-sales','/payments/pre-sales','/payments/refunds','/payments','/Payments')"}';

carlcimino_0-1677167340139.png

carlcimino_1-1677167390810.png

carlcimino_2-1677167601954.png

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then I would have tried to replace each of your single-quotes either by double single-quotes or double double-quotes. It is quick to try and it might do the trick...

carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II

This is very frustrating.  Tried both ways.  Looks like something next to the SELECT or query part.

Double double Quotes.

let vBody = '{"query": "SELECT * FROM AppLogs f WHERE (DateTimePart(""yyyy"", TimestampToDateTime(f._ts * 1000)) = 2023) AND f.RequestPath in (""/payments/post-sales"",""/payments/pre-sales"",""/payments/refunds"",""/payments"",""/Payments"")"}';

carlcimino_0-1677189327564.png

carlcimino_1-1677189365965.png

Double Single quotes

let vBody = '{"query": "SELECT * FROM AppLogs f WHERE (DateTimePart(''yyyy'', TimestampToDateTime(f._ts * 1000)) = 2023) AND f.RequestPath in (''/payments/post-sales'',''/payments/pre-sales'',''/payments/refunds'',''/payments'',''/Payments'')"}';

carlcimino_2-1677189939627.png