Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pablo007
Contributor III
Contributor III

What do you think about Rest connections API with TOKEN?

Hi all,

I would like to Know your opinion about Rest connections, For me us a very ussufull tool for API connections, But I must admit that configure the ones that require “Token” is a nightmare to me, Specially the ones with security process “grant_type” “password” 😞

For some of the I have to use Postman to get the token 

But never surrender We will find the way

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Pablo007 

I believe you need to build the logic to fetch the token into your data load script similar to what is done in this article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Using-REST-Connector-with-OAuth2-against-Mic...

Please go through the article and see if that answers your question.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

It depends if the REST API server you are calling wants to request as a GET or as a POST.

Also, if the token has a short life, it's better to build the logic in your data load script as per the article so that it automatically requests a new token when expired.

You can override the Qlik REST connection headers with the WITH CONNECTION statement in the script but you cannot override the method (GET/POST) so you need separate data connections created in Qlik Sense if you are using both methods.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Pablo007 

I believe you need to build the logic to fetch the token into your data load script similar to what is done in this article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Using-REST-Connector-with-OAuth2-against-Mic...

Please go through the article and see if that answers your question.

Pablo007
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Damien,

Thanks a lot for the help,  the post is great,  for the part two I had solved it already,  I get the Token form postman and paste it on Qlik script to get the Json with the info needed. 

Reading the article maybe the problem is that the API builder has done it GET and Not POST,  

What do you think about it?

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

It depends if the REST API server you are calling wants to request as a GET or as a POST.

Also, if the token has a short life, it's better to build the logic in your data load script as per the article so that it automatically requests a new token when expired.

You can override the Qlik REST connection headers with the WITH CONNECTION statement in the script but you cannot override the method (GET/POST) so you need separate data connections created in Qlik Sense if you are using both methods.