Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What is the maximum value for MaxCurSelEntries

Hello, I am currently trying to retrieve the current selections that a user has made in my app using the method defined here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/September2019/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/Sense_EngineA...

I was able to get it to work, but once you exceed 25 selections it returns "x of y" instead of the selected values. I would like to change this so that I receive all of the selected values no matter the number. I discovered that I can edit the QS Engines settings.ini file to raise the threshold value here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/QS-Selection-Object-Threshold-for-Mashups-quot-...

I saw some other posts where they had the value up to 1000. My question is what is the limit to this number? Also, the posts I read were over a year old and some mentioned that a future release should make this process easier. Is there a better way to set this value?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Figured it out. The answer appears to be 50. I set the value to 10,000 in my settings.ini file, but when I try to get the current selections, it caps the response to 50 results. As soon as I bring the total selections to 51, I get "51 of x" as a response, even though qSelectionThreshold is 10,000. I feel like this could be better documented.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Figured it out. The answer appears to be 50. I set the value to 10,000 in my settings.ini file, but when I try to get the current selections, it caps the response to 50 results. As soon as I bring the total selections to 51, I get "51 of x" as a response, even though qSelectionThreshold is 10,000. I feel like this could be better documented.

will_br
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for sharing @dselgo_eidex .  You saved me some precious time.

will_br
Contributor III
Contributor III

@dselgo_eidex I got a response from support and they are going to update the documentation to include this 50 limit info but the limit will (initially) remain. 😞