Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What is the maximum value for MaxCurSelEntries

Hello, I am currently trying to retrieve the current selections that a user has made in my app using the method defined here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/September2019/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/Sense_EngineA...

I was able to get it to work, but once you exceed 25 selections it returns "x of y" instead of the selected values. I would like to change this so that I receive all of the selected values no matter the number. I discovered that I can edit the QS Engines settings.ini file to raise the threshold value here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/QS-Selection-Object-Threshold-for-Mashups-quot-...

I saw some other posts where they had the value up to 1000. My question is what is the limit to this number? Also, the posts I read were over a year old and some mentioned that a future release should make this process easier. Is there a better way to set this value?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Figured it out. The answer appears to be 50. I set the value to 10,000 in my settings.ini file, but when I try to get the current selections, it caps the response to 50 results. As soon as I bring the total selections to 51, I get "51 of x" as a response, even though qSelectionThreshold is 10,000. I feel like this could be better documented.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Figured it out. The answer appears to be 50. I set the value to 10,000 in my settings.ini file, but when I try to get the current selections, it caps the response to 50 results. As soon as I bring the total selections to 51, I get "51 of x" as a response, even though qSelectionThreshold is 10,000. I feel like this could be better documented.

will_br
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for sharing @dselgo_eidex .  You saved me some precious time.

will_br
Contributor III
Contributor III

@dselgo_eidex I got a response from support and they are going to update the documentation to include this 50 limit info but the limit will (initially) remain. 😞