cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

'XS' qState meaning

Hello, I was looking at the different qStates a field could have and I saw the option for 'XS' described here (link) as EXCL_SELECTED (excluded selected). 

My guess is that this means that the value was selected, but is currently being excluded by a different field selection. If this is the case, I would further assume the qState would change to 'S' if the conflicting field was cleared. Could I get comfirmation and/or insight into this? Thanks.

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's correct.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, it is selected excluded. Let me give you an example. Here I have regions and the sales persons active in those regions.c1524905_1.pngOk, let's select Jason and John:
c1524905_2.png

Jason and John are now Selected. That's the S state .  Keith, Kevin and Patrick now have the Alternative state (A). N Ireland, Scotland and Wales have the Excluded (X) state.

Now we'll Select England and this will cause John to be Selected Excluded, the XS state:

c1524905_3.png

Finally we'll select another Region that's incompatible with the selected sales persons. This selection will clear the selected values in the SalesPerson field. Also the sales persons Keith and Patrick will get the Optional selection state, ie the O state.

c1524905_4.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's correct.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Awesome, thanks for confirming.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So I actually got a chance to test this out and I don't think the behavior is what I described above.

In my app I selected a value on a Field A, and then selected an excluded value on Field B. At that point, the selection on Field A was canceled out. What I expected was for the qState of Field A to change to 'XS', but instead it just changed to 'X'. When I clear my selection on Field B, the qState on Field A changed to 'O'.

With this information, it appears that 'XS' does not mean what I described above. Could it instead be that 'XS' means the Field value was selected by hitting the 'Select Excluded' button?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, it is selected excluded. Let me give you an example. Here I have regions and the sales persons active in those regions.c1524905_1.pngOk, let's select Jason and John:
c1524905_2.png

Jason and John are now Selected. That's the S state .  Keith, Kevin and Patrick now have the Alternative state (A). N Ireland, Scotland and Wales have the Excluded (X) state.

Now we'll Select England and this will cause John to be Selected Excluded, the XS state:

c1524905_3.png

Finally we'll select another Region that's incompatible with the selected sales persons. This selection will clear the selected values in the SalesPerson field. Also the sales persons Keith and Patrick will get the Optional selection state, ie the O state.

c1524905_4.png

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok, I get it now. Thank you for that great explanation and example.

My initial assumption was that when you selected Scotland, it would be at that point that Jason and John would be set to XS instead of clearing the field and that was what I was testing for.