Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaraAbdulah
Contributor II
Contributor II

google analytics 4

hello,

I've connect to google analytics4 , when I using the API dimensions to extract data there is only one record , how can i get the meta data of all dimensions in best way

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Dear @SaraAbdulah ,

You can use the Metadata API to retrieve the list and attributes of columns (i.e. dimensions and metrics) exposed in the Google Analytics reporting APIs. The Metadata API returns the UI name, description, segments support, and more for each column. You can use this API to automatically discover new columns and their attributes.

Here is an example of how to use the Metadata API to retrieve metadata for dimensions and metrics available in reporting methods:

Python

import requests

url = "https://analyticsadmin.googleapis.com/v1alpha/properties/YOUR_PROPERTY/metadata/dimensions"
headers = {
"Authorization": "Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN",
"Content-Type": "application/json",
}

response = requests.get(url, headers=headers)
metadata = response.json()

# Extract the metadata for all dimensions
dimensions_metadata = metadata["dimensions"]
This is my example code.Review and use carefully.
You can replace YOUR_PROPERTY with your GA4 property ID and YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN with your OAuth 2.0 access token. The above code retrieves the metadata for all dimensions in your GA4 property.

If you found our response useful, we kindly ask you to click on “Accept as Solution”. This will aid other users in finding the answer more effortlessly.

Thank you! 😊

Regards,
Deepak

View solution in original post

1 Reply
deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Dear @SaraAbdulah ,

You can use the Metadata API to retrieve the list and attributes of columns (i.e. dimensions and metrics) exposed in the Google Analytics reporting APIs. The Metadata API returns the UI name, description, segments support, and more for each column. You can use this API to automatically discover new columns and their attributes.

Here is an example of how to use the Metadata API to retrieve metadata for dimensions and metrics available in reporting methods:

Python

import requests

url = "https://analyticsadmin.googleapis.com/v1alpha/properties/YOUR_PROPERTY/metadata/dimensions"
headers = {
"Authorization": "Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN",
"Content-Type": "application/json",
}

response = requests.get(url, headers=headers)
metadata = response.json()

# Extract the metadata for all dimensions
dimensions_metadata = metadata["dimensions"]
This is my example code.Review and use carefully.
You can replace YOUR_PROPERTY with your GA4 property ID and YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN with your OAuth 2.0 access token. The above code retrieves the metadata for all dimensions in your GA4 property.

If you found our response useful, we kindly ask you to click on “Accept as Solution”. This will aid other users in finding the answer more effortlessly.

Thank you! 😊

Regards,
Deepak